Every child deserves an excellent education in a safe environment, and the professionals who help make that a reality deserve to be treated with dignity. Neighborhood FORWARD believes in fully funding education and supports paying teachers and other school staff a living wage. We also oppose any legal restrictions from newly implemented state laws that ban discussions of racism or discourage educators from teaching about race.
- NPR: The U.S. student population is more diverse, but schools are still highly segregated
- The Harvard Gazette: How COVID taught America about inequity in education
- ACLU: Race and Inequality in Education
- Brookings: Why are states banning critical race theory?
- Real Clear Science: When Public School Teachers Are Paid More, Students Perform Better