Neighborhood FORWARD stands for the rights of tenants. We support investing in safe and sustainable housing and addressing the housing crisis by lowering rent and housing costs. Rent gouging needs to be addressed to ensure lower income residents are not displaced. Neighborhood FORWARD also believes in addressing the enduring legacy of redlining and bridging the racial wealth gap by providing assistance, such as first-time homebuyer programs, to residents of formerly redlined neighborhoods.
- E&E News – Anti-redlining law could soon account for climate change
- The New York Times – What Is Redlining?
- NPR – Even many decades later, redlined areas see higher levels of air pollution
- Newsone – What is Redlining and how can it be solved?
- Brookings – Why is life expectancy so low in Black neighborhoods?